Belper Town Council Budget 2023-24
Last financial year the Council agreed there should be no increase in the precept, given the hardship inflicted by the Covid-19 pandemic. At the Full Council meeting on 10th January 2023 the budget for the next financial year was considered. A 10% increase, in line with inflation, was agreed. To achieve this, the Council decided to offset some of the significant increases in costs through using its General Reserve.
This means that the precept (the portion of Council Tax which is paid to Belper Town Council) will increase from £590,058 to £649,064.
It would mean for a Band D property the charge will increase by £8.13 per annum or £0.69 per month.
Once again a strong commitment to supporting the many organisations that make our town such an invigorating and caring community has been made. A total of £107,225 has been allocated in annual grants to maintain and enhance the services provided by:
- Amber Valley Community Transport
- Belper Early Years (FUN)
- Blend Youth Project
- Citizens Advice
- Fleet Arts
- Belper Leisure Centre
- Belper Youth Sports Festival
- Community Food Hub
In addition small grants, applied for monthly, remain at a total of £20,000. This has benefited numerous local organisations providing an array of services and opportunity throughout the town during the current financial year, including:
- Transition Belper – Alton Manor Open Spaces
- Unite (Community) – Death Cafes
- Wilder Belper – Equipment
- Belper Ukranian Refugee Group – Summer School
- Pride in Belper – Annual Event
- Belper Meadows Sports Club – Building Repairs
- Pentrich & South Wingfield Revolution Group – Information Board
- Milford Community Green Space – Building Materials, Collective Revolution – Youth Events
- Hope for Belper – Community Food Hub
- Surtal Arts – Event
- St Johns Ambulance – Youth Training
- SSAFA – Belper Focussed Support Service
- Rotary Club – Art Exhibition and Competition
- Blend Youth Project – Event
- Nailed It – Event
- Transition Belper – Belper Goes Green Festival
This year, we have taken the view that it is essential that the town continues to develop. This can best be done by supporting and assisting local organisations particularly in their ability to face the projected financial increases that will affect us all. And, to build and support a staff team who are able to continue developing the town in line with the Corporate Plan and promoting it’s growing reputation.
If you have any specific queries about the budget, please email: email@example.com